Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Monday What are You Reading?

It's Monday What are you Reading-is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

First of all, my twitter account was hacked. Thank you to everyone who sent me a message and sorry to those that were DM. Yeah tomorrow is MLK day. A holiday from work. Yeah, Yeah Yeah. I have been in trial since after Christmas so the break is quite welcome. A little biking, a little reading, maybe some cooking, playing with the kitties and of course a reflection on what Martin Luther King had hopes of achieving.

This week I read More than Words Can Say. You can can catch my review. It was not my favourite book. I also finished off Day After Night by A. Diamant, the story of four young orphaned teenage Jewish women held in a British camp in Palestine and their rescue (excellant story) and A Train in Winter the story of 320 French women who were accused of being part of the Resistance and shipped off to Birkenau. As much as I love everything France, I am disgusted at how they rounded up the Jewish people and members of the Resistance, doing the Nazi's dirty work.

For Christmas I received Plenty by Ottolenghi, a Mediterranean vegetarian cookbook. Earlier in the week I made a tofu dish that was delicious. Tonight was a carrot salad. There was more than that for dinner.

I also pulled down Babycakes from my shelves and was rereading the recipes.

I have started reading Vaults of Power and listening to A Good Year by P. Maynard.

I also received Across Many Mountains which I cannot wait to start reading. I am really hoping to clear some books off of my shelves. So what is my plan. I will read library books as they come in on the hold shelf and alternate between reading my books and review copies I have agreed to read.

15 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I love the title of your blog.


Here is mine

Mystica said...

You are reading quite a few books this week. Enjoy them all.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I received one of the twitter messages from you too but I knew it wasnt you.

Enjoy the day off... biking sounds so fun... but alas.. we have snow.

Old Kitty said...

OH Happy Martin Luther King Day!!

Lots of lovely books here! I love Ottolenghi - and thank him profusely for making Brussel Sprouts yummy for me after I followed one of his recipes!! Yay!

Take care
x

leeswammes said...

Your vegetarian cookbook sounds great! Do share a recipe?

Have a good day off. Hopefully with some reading...

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I, too, love all things French. Though, sadly, right now I'm not reading anything French. But soon, soon, soon!

Here is my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I also enjoyed day After Night when I read it.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Enjoy your day off!!! Happy Reading!!

Shirley @ My Bookshelf@ said...

You look to be very busy and you still accomplish so much reading! Wow!

Chocolate and Croissants - is there anything more decadent and delicious?

bookdout said...

So sorry your twitter account was hacked - what a horrible thing

Have a great reading week!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

vicki said...

Esme- did you like the book Day After Night? That book is on my kindle list- I have the sample but have not read it yet!!
I can see that you are off to a great start with another year of reading. As always--- I eagerly look forward to your reviews!
xoxo,
Vicki

coach factory outlet said...

This summer,?coach bags combined with Chinese style, the international trend of the subversive elements in bold, the idea of ?weaving in elements in the interpretation of low-carbon fashion casual.Here's your new way to look sophisticated styles. Carry the hot coach outlet store online of this summer and be the true trendsetter!After graduating from university, my cousin came back to my hometown from USA last month. She told me that coach outlet store is very popular among her classmate.
customers are not only interested in handbags and purses, but also fond of?shoes and jewelry which is sold at the coach outlet.The hottest new traditional and seasonal coach outlet store online. Keep up to date with the latest trends. Look at this zip top closure with colorful C logo printed fabric bag.You may find the most affordable Bags here.The Coach bag is from the latest release of Coach Bags. Its crisp, scribble material, leather handle, perfectly complements the relaxed shape of this stylish pouch. All the items of coach outlet online Store fit all of your essentials and more.

xfxu said...

Almost every person who does not know armani watches as a noted brand will be completely turned away from the world of fashion.Welcome to our remarkable Louis Vuitton Outlet Store. There are a great number of emporio armani watches which will make you more charming.

xfxu said...

Presenting you've got a hair-trigger fingers problem, should you come across a good armani watches you want you have along with a amazing opportunity of safe-guarding it all.The emporio armani watches reflect the class of the person holding them, as people are extremely conscious of their personality portrayed.

xfxu said...

gucci uk are the premier Austrian machine-cut crystals world-famous for their superior quality and precision cutting. Swarovski Bracelet, pendants, filigree components, rivolis and buttons are all showcased here.Several days ago, I chose one style of gucci uk sale from the Swarovski Outlets, which has won good reputation from many customers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails