Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's Monday What are You Reading?

It's Monday What are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. This week was a great reading week.

I finished reading The Pioneer Woman Black Heel to Tractor Wheels, written by Ree Drummond from Pioneer Woman. A big thank you to Harper Collins for sending me the book. It is chick lit, love story with a little cattle roping all thrown in together.

I have just started reading Paris My Sweet this afternoon. This is so my book. At thirty something, the author gets transferred to Paris and decides to sample all the sweets the city has to offer. I would love a job transfer to Paris-heck I would work for free.

I also finished reading Four Kitchens my life behind the Burner in NYC, Paris, Hanoi and Tel Aviv. Are you seeing a theme to my books?

Food, Paris, Food Paris. IN fact my neighbor is in NYC this week and I have put in a special order for macarons that are flown into Lauduree from Paris. You have to love a neighbor that has already gone by the patisserie and photographed the flavours for me. She was gushing over the packaging at how beautiful it was. She has only had frozen macarons before-so I told her she has not really had a macaron. Who knows I may have made a convert.

They are the best neighbors and given she is gone for a week-we are having her husband over for dinner on Tuesday night.

What are you reading?

12 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

Wow - I wish I had a neighbour like yours :-)

Claire 'Word by Word' said...

Trying to finish 'A Week in December' by Sebastian Faulks so I can start Susan Hill's 'The Woman in Black' and 'The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake' both of which arrived this weekend.

Old Kitty said...

Hooorah for your wonderful neighbours!! Awwww macarons! Yum!!

Still reading my Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!

take care
x

Dynamic Uno said...

It seems we share a love for all things food and Paris. I saw "Paris My Sweet" the other day and wondered if it was worth the read. Looks like I'll be heading back to pick it up.

Here's a shocking confession-I've never had a macaron. :gasp: I know. Have a great week!

WickedWillow said...

I LOVE MACARONS! Mmmm. Lucky you!

Check out
what I am reading this monday!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, Paris My Sweet looks delicious!

Enjoy your reads!

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Quixotic Magpie said...

Four Kitchens sounds fun- I love books like that.

Audrey (Bibliosaurus Text) said...

Wow, your blog makes me kind of hungry, thinking about delicious baked treats. Two of my coworkers are taking vacation and going to Paris for the ENTIRE MONTH OF APRIL. Not fair, right? So any time I see something about Paris, I think of them and get a little jealous ;-)

Kris said...

How nice! Laudree's Macaroons! I just finished reading Things Left Unspoken by Eva Marie Everson and have started readiing Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas. I have read all of her books with the exception of this one. So far, it is good!

Leah @ The Pretty Good Gatsby said...

I can't wait to read Paris My Sweet! The cover is so cute and it deals with food AND Paris! What's not to love?

Here's what I'm reading!

pussreboots said...

This weekend we went on a mini-vacation. Since I was outside enjoying nature, I didn't get much reading done. Please stop by to see what I'm reading now.

Abbi Hart (gatorade635) said...

Hope your reading week is successful and fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails