Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spiced Carrot Fries


I recently received Allergy-Friendly Food for Families. Fortunately we do not have to concern ourselves with food allergies in our household. We can eat everything and do. That said, there are many amazing recipes in this book.

The first one that caught my eye were spiced carrot fries. I love fries and these sounded like a healthy variation. Last week my husband was out of town and I had some friends over for dinner-it was girls night at the house. The day was warm and it was the first day of spring so I wanted something light and flavourful for dinner.

My guests were quite taken with the fries. I must confess, you are supposed to use large carrots and julienne them. I did not have carrots, however I did have shredded carrots which worked as well. One of my girlfriends admitted that she despised cooked carrots. She loved these. There were none left. She liked them so much that she made them the next night.

If you like spicy this is the recipe for you. Just think, carrots fries. I am not a calorie counter, however at 45 g you could eat them to your hearts content.

So how do you make these carrots-easy peasy

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

toss your julienned carrots and roast for 20-25 minutes on 425 degrees farenheit.

5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I thank heavens I don't have any food allergies! I love food!!

Oh and I love carrot fries!! Yay!!! And great you carrot disliking friend loved it too! Take care
x

Pesky Cat Designs said...

I will definitely try this. I might use the shredded carrots as well. ;)

Kris said...

Great way to serve shredded carrots. I'm glad I don't suffer from food allergies!

Wyatt said...

We did something similar with Parsnips.
Who knew!

Wyatt

Beth said...

Ooh! I just bought a big bag of carrots and was wondering what to do with the rest. Now I can try carrot fries!

Related Posts with Thumbnails