Sunday, February 23, 2014

Biblilotheque Forney Paris (Forney Library)

 The Hotel de Sens is a city palace in the 4th arrondissement in Paris that is now home to the Forney Library.  The palace was originally owned by the archbishops of Sens (a commune in Northern Burgundy).  The library is supposed to host an impressive decorative art and textile book collection.  I must confess I have never stepped foot inside the library.
 I am always in such awe of the library from the outside.  The building is one of the few vestiges of medieval architecture.  On my visit to Paris last spring the tulips were in full bloom.  It was just fitting that they were red.
 I am not sure if it was intentional that they would match the door.  I adore this red door.  There is a church on Rue Rivoli in the Marais that also has a large red door.  The French love their colour.  Given that it is still February I want to give you as much red in France as I can.
 Even the ladies who came here to enjoy their lunch had a splash of red.
Maybe next time I will step inside.

This is my contribution to Dreaming of France, hosted by Paulita at An Accidental Blog.

16 comments:

Alain said...

Il y a souvent des expos très intéressantes. C'est un endroit que j'aime bien.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I most go through my old photos..I think I have been here. Sorry not to of heard from you. I am still trying to find your email for postcard. HOW strange.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Love colour too. Would be super to go
into the library :-)

Old Kitty said...

Awww I hope you do! It looks amazing! Take care
x

Louise said...

What a gorgeous place! There is so much beauty in Paris. The tulips and red doors are magic.

grammajudyb said...

I really like the red door too. Tulips are my favorite flower, I love the way they are in among the hedges. Very pretty.

Jeanie said...

What a lovely garden -- and that red door knocks my socks off!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Beautiful! I wonder if the tulips are blooming now?

Paulita said...

I haven't heard of this library but the grounds are beautiful. Thanks for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Lady Lilith said...

Nice. It looks so warm and welcoming.

Rosita Vargas said...

Lindas fotos me gusta la plaza es maravillosa y el jardìn espectacular,abrazos.

Pam said...

I love red doors!! I have been wanting to paint our ugly old green door a nice bright red forever!

Vicki said...

What a beautiful library! Amazing architecture and grounds!!

Cik Misstree said...

I take the tulip photo to my netbook wallpaper :)

adnan khan said...

Find Best online home based jobs, data entry, copy pasting, facebook and clicking jobs
JobzCorner.com

Ahsan Afsar said...

Find best business plan from home without any work, just invest $1 and get 120% Total Profit within a week
EarningsClub.Com

Related Posts with Thumbnails