Tuesday, February 18, 2014

La Patisserie Rouge (the red pastries)

 So, I am sitting in bed with a horrible cold.  I cannot really taste anything but that is not stopping me from craving something sweet.  Actually I would love some cold ice-cream.  My throat would love some cold ice cream.  One of these desserts would also do the trick.  I love the little dessert with the raspberries. It is an amaryllis-think macaron wafer with cream and fresh raspberries. I always have one of those with a nice cup of tea when I am in Paris.

 However the one next to it with all the fruit is calling out my name.  I love chocolate but I really enjoy fruity cakes.  Anything with the taste of fruit is a favourite of mine.
 Given it is February and love is in the air maybe  you would like a strawberry macaron.
What about a big kiss from a chocolate frog?

I am always up for an eclair.  Decisions Decisions.  This is why I love going on vacation to Paris.  The decisions I have to make there are always so delicious.  Which dessert would you choose?

13 comments:

Alain said...

J'aime bien le nom "Eclair de génie" !

Beth F said...

I'm with you, I like fruit over chocolate.

Asha Ram said...

Oh my my! They look delicious!

kikssimplelife said...

awwww...everything looks so yummy. I suddenly feel the need for sweets :)

La Table De Nana said...

Take care..you need tea and honey!:)
Ok and a dessert:)

Carol said...

They all look so delicious!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I would like something chocolatey with raspberries , and I really do not have a sweet tooth ,but sometimes I fancy them. I do hope you feel better very soon, Would you like a Postcard?? take care Anne,

Lady Lilith said...

Now that is one huge chocolate frog.

Jeanie said...

Looks delish! I'm with you on being under the weather (sinus infection) -- how I'd love this!

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Esme- I'm so sorry you are sick- your cold sounds so miserable:(
I hope you start to feel better soon---

Beautiful photos of pastries-- so tempting!!
Vicki

Neesie said...

Poor you Esme,
I hope you feel better soon.
I've just had lunch but I'm still drooling over those delights!
Take care and try to enjoy the weekend ;D
Waving from a chilly Bonnie Scotland

Paulita said...

Wish I could bring you some delicious glace a la framboise. (Sorry I can't add accents.) My son was diagnosed with Influenza Type A on Monday. On Wednesday, I got Tamiflu for my husband as he started coughing. This morning, I called for a prescription for myself as the tickling and congestion started in my throat. I can't collapse until Saturday though. Hope you are feeling better.

Louise said...

Oh, I hope you're recovered by now! I love red, fruity deserts the most too. I had one of those red eclairs- sensational.

Related Posts with Thumbnails