Sunday, August 17, 2014

Parasailing in Chamonix France

 A number of years ago, I spent some time in Chamonix.  Before I arrived I knew that I wanted to parasail in the alps.  You have to understand, I am very cautious.  I would never sky dive-the risk seems too grave.  Who jumps out of planes.  Parasailing, it seemed perfectly sane and reasonable to me.  My husband, hates heights.  He never thought that I would go through with it.
 So of course he agreed to go.  He assumed that one the way up the gondola I would chicken out and he would not have to go through with it.  I am not sure at what point he realized that I was serious and not even considering chickening out.
 The scenery in the French alps is just breathtaking.  The alps are gorgeous.  We were fortunate to have had a lovely summer day.  The skies were clear and blue.
 How did I enjoy parasailing?  I loved it.  Running of the cliff like a lemming was a little strange.  I am not one to run off a cliff.  My husband laughed and said that my guide just shoulder checked me off the cliff.

 When you are in the air with your guide, he gave me a great overview of the land.  He also explained to me that we would find thermal pockets and could continue to stay afloat instead of descending.  For me this was all I needed to hear.  While my husband descended as quickly as possible, I stayed up as long as possible.

My other memory of Chamonix...this amazing strawberry mousse that was as light as air.

This is my contribution to Dreaming of France, hosted by Paulita at An Accidental Blog.

5 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh my goodness!! LOL!! Wow!! Well done you!!! And what gorgeous scenery to do it in!:-) Take care
x

Louise said...

Wow! What an experience. It looks so amazing. I don't know whether I'd be brave enough to do that. I think maybe a few decades/years ago I might have, now with advancing age and caution- I'm not so sure. I've never been to the French Alps, but you've strengthened my resolve to get there. I'd love to see a photo of the strawberry mousse too...

Lisa Johnson said...

You are one brave woman!!!! The view is wonderful.

Paulita said...

I'm so jealous. I didn't even know this was an option. I want to try. Thanks for playing along today. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

wordsandpeace.com said...

OMG, maybe I'll be parasailing one day, but I don't think over the snowy Alps, spooky

Related Posts with Thumbnails