Sunday, August 24, 2014

Port Navalo, France

 On my last visit to Brittany, I returned to Vannes.  The year before I had tried to stay in a bed and breakfast however the one I chose was fully booked.  This time I  was in luck, Maison de la Garenne had space.  The Madame was a lovely lady, very friendly and full of information.  She suggested to me that I take a day trip out to Port Navalo on the Gulf of Morbihan.  I spent my day around the Gulf in little towns.  Unfortunately I did not have the time to take a ferry around the Gulf as I was returning to Paris that evening.
 I must say that I truly enjoyed my day on the Gulf.  One of the reasons was because of a purse I purchased.  The purse is truly gorgeous and really only cost me a little bit of money.  It is one of those finds that everyone comments on and I tell them that I purchased it in a little store somewhere in France.  I love being on the water and my entire day was spent along the Gulf.  In Port Navalo, I strolled through the town and was utterly delighted to find these homes.

 There is something to be said for blue shutters and doors and lace curtains.  I must confess that I spent my time peeking into the various backyards.  There were all sorts of finds behind the gates.
At some point I bought myself a baguette and pastry and sat along the water enjoying my lunch.  Should I ever return to Brittany I would definitely make sure that I had time to take a ferry around the gulf.

This is my contribution to Dreaming of France hosted by Paulita at An Accidental Blog.

5 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Brittany is so lovely....would love to go back for another visit. Thanks for these lovely photos as a reminder.

Paulita said...

Esme, This sounds life a perfect way to spend the day. Love the blue of the shutters in that first picture. Thanks for playing along today. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Louise said...

What a gorgeous area. I love the different blues of the shutters and doors. How nice to have a souvenir bag to remind you of your day- I love souvenirs like that- they're the best sort of souvenir.

rippleeffects said...

Beautiful photos of the window shutters and doors. It's wonderful to explore the lesser known areas of France. Thanks for sharing your experience on this post.

Jeanie said...

I do love Brittany, though my time there was short. I wish I had stayed here! It's lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails